PortableSafe is a software solution that keeps all your passwords and other private information locked in a secure encrypted file. Included within the program is a configurable password generator which allows you to create secure passwords. With PortableSafe you have complete flexibility over the data items stored for each record. Unlike many other password managers, you are not confined to a prescribed template and can store as much or as little information as you wish. And the more you use PortableSafe the more the program learns about what type of information you like to store for each record type, making it easier to add new records. Due to its small file size, PortableSafe can easily be copied to a removable device such as a USB memory key and will run on other PCs without installation or without leaving a trace. Data is encrypted using the US Defence-approved AES256 encryption algorithm. PortableSafe has a convenient, powerful and lightning-fast data search feature for when you store large amounts of data and need to locate information quickly. It also has a quick, one-click data backup feature. URLs, email fields and other documents listed within a record can be hyper-linked so that they will open your browser, email client or other default program (e.g. Word). The program contains a built-in, customizable password generator tool can be used to derive secure passwords. Strong passwords have upper and lower case letters as well as numbers and special characters, making them virtually impossible to guess. You can specify the password format. There is no limit on the number of password files (e.g. one for each family member). Creating, copying, editing and deleting records are all easy and convenient. Drag and Drop can be used to move records between groups, making it easy to reorganise records as the amount of data stored grows. Each record can have an expiry date set for it. Passwords can easily be copied and pasted to web pages etc.
» version 1.2 - posted on 2010-01-29
The PortableSafe application file has been digitally signed, so users can confirm that the software really comes from Boydevlin Ltd. Users can also verify that it has not been altered or corrupted since it was signed.
EULA - End User License Agreement
Enduser License Agreement
Version 1.00 - 01 January 2010
Boydevlin Ltd (the Developer) grants you (the Customer) a non-transferable, license to install and use the full (i.e. non-trial) version of PortableSafe (the Software) in the manner provided herein. Note that by installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you express your consent to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all terms of this agreement you are not permitted to install, copy or otherwise use the Software and must remove all copies of Software from your systems.
1. The Software is licensed, not sold. The Software is protected by copyright law, international copyright treaty provisions and other intellectual property laws and treaties.
2. The Customer must not allow copies of the Software or any part of it to be made available to or distributed by anyone else.
3. This Developer grants to you as an individual, a personal, nonexclusive, non-transferable license to install and use the Software. You may install a copy of the Software on a computer and freely move the Software from one computer to another, provided that you are the ONLY individual using the Software and ONLY for private use.
4. The Software may not be rented, leased, nor in any other manner commercially exploited without the Developer's prior written permission.
5. This software is provided as-is, without warranty of ANY KIND, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. The author shall NOT be held liable for ANY damage to you, your computer, or to anyone or anything else, that may result from its use, or misuse. Basically, you use it at YOUR OWN RISK.
6. All assemblies/executables accessed and/or modified through the Software are the property of the applicable content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright law. This license gives the Customer no rights to such content, and the Developer disclaims any liability for misuse of assemblies/executables.
7. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain with the Developer. The Customer agrees not to modify the Software or attempt to decipher, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Software. Reproduction and/or redistribution of any portion of the Software is prohibited without the Developer's prior written permission.
8. The Developer or its suppliers shall not be liable for direct, incidental, consequential, special or indirect damages of any sort whatsoever. This includes loss of business profits, revenues, information, or business interruption resulting from the Customer's use of the Software or inability to use the Software, even if the Developer has been informed of the possibility of such damages.
9. This Software is not fault-tolerant. It is not designed, manufactured or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance. The Developer and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for high-risk activities.
10. The Developer reserves the right to discontinue distribution and/or support of its products at any time without notice. The Developer reserves the right to change the prices of its products and services at any time without notice.
This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and the Developer relating to its subject matter. This Agreement may not be modified other than in writing executed by Boydevlin Ltd.